I setup the uci.config file with this

Set the name of the definition to be the same as the account name.

DBMSTYPE        UNIDATA
NETWORK TCP/IP
SERVICE udserver
HOST            enter your server name in all caps
ACCOUNT enter your account name in all caps
MAXFETCHBUFF    8192
MAXFETCHCOLS    400

I think all the above is case sensitive so make sure this is correct.

When adding the data source to the Crystal report.  Don't try and test
the connection.  Just trust that it will work.  If you try to test the
connection then it will fail and lock up the OLE DB for a while.   I'm
not sure what goes on but that is what I'm seeing happen.
When setting up the connection, use the account name in both the names
under the oledb setup, in crystal reports.

Once I learned to not hit the test connection button and just trust that
it will work then I haven't had many problems.  Other then performance
for large data sets.

Jeffrey Lettau
ERP Systems Manager
polkaudio