I am trying to use uv/net from a Universe Unix server to access files on a
Universe Windows 2003 server. The thought here was to use some old, ancent
code that can't be migrated to the Windows server; just have this code open,
read, and update files  on the Windows server using uv/net.

In testing this seemed to work very well. What we are now seeing however is
the unirpc Timeout error on the Unix server with jobs that take longer than
10 minutes or so. We set the NETTIME uvconfig parameter to 60 minutes, did a
uvregen, restarted UV, but the problem still occurs. The worse part is when
this happens Universe becomes unusable, and we have to stop/start UV.

Has anyone tried to use uv/net in this way? Are there other tunning
parameters that need to be made? I did decrease MFILES a little bit like the
documentation stated. This is an old Data General system, and no other
kernel parameters have been changed recently.

Thanks

Bobby