Oh; and here's something I did learn, for what it's worth. The PD "listens" for a human voice, If it hears a short burst ("Hello?") followed by silence, it connects you to an available operator. If it hears a longer burst, indicating a voice mail greeting (This is Dick Cheney. I'm not here to take your call..."), it hangs up. So, if you answer your phone with a sentence longer than, say, 3 seconds, you'll get hung up on. Probably better to be on "Do Not Call", but a handy trick to know, I've found.

"Our greatest duty in this life is to help others. And please, if you can't help them, could you at least not hurt them?" - H.H. the Dalai Lama

"When buying & selling are controlled by legislation, the first thing to be bought & sold are the legislators" - P.J. O'Rourke

Dan Fitzgerald