Chrisophe,

UniVerse has 10 active select lists numbered from zero.
The default SELECT generates list (0), however you can override that by using the TO
and
FROM keywords:

e.g.

SELECT somefile TO 1
LIST somefile FROM 1

Regards,

Brian

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:06:33 +0200
 Christophe Marchal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
>>Christophe Marchal wrote:
>>

>>>I'm discovering the uniobject in java, and I don't find how to do a
>>>SELECT command and retreive ID.
>>>I only find the UniSelectList that have a select() method on
>>>an UniFile.
>>>But what I want is somthing like :
>>>SELECT MYFILE WITH MY.FIELD = "bar" AND WITH MY.OTHER.FIELD = "foo"
>>>

>>The select statement is done with the UniCommand class, then you can get
>>the select list:
>>
>>UniCommand uCommand = uSession.command ( "SELECT AGRESREL SAVING
>>AGRESREL.ID");
>>uCommand.exec();
>>UniSelectList uSelect = uSession.selectList( 0 );
>>answer =  uSelect.readList() ;
>>System.out.println ("answer = " + answer) ;
>>
>>Let me know if you need a more complete example, the code above assumes
>>you can get a connected UniSession already.
>>

>Thank you very much, it workes very well :-)
>It was not so clear from the docs.
>Is it always 0 as the id of the selectlist ?
>And what if I do a second select from the same command ?
>
>Christophe
>-------
>u2-users mailing list
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To unsubscribe please visit http://listserver.u2ug.org/

>This email was checked by MessageLabs SkyScan before entering Microgen.

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk