Tsombakos, John wrote:
> However, I tried changing the sample code to read from a BP /
> source code file and it gives an error -
> asjava.uniobjects.UniFileException: This Record was not found.
> I even tried using (non java) Uniobjects and got the same
> error.  Is there a problem with UniObjects reading from a non-hashed
file?

I routinely read from HOLD, which is really a directory.  You wrote
'type 1' file-- I've heard them called type 19 or "dir-type" files, but
I'm not sure what type 1 is.

This works:

  UniFile uFile = uSession.openFile( "HOLD" );
  uString = uFile.read( key );

Can you post some of the code you're using, and what the VOC pointer to
the file looks like?

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.