-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Cipollina
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 12:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] [UV] Phantom Problem

We are having a problem with our phantom processes.  We have a job that
runs as a phantom that spawns many phantom processes.  When these many
phantom processes die, they are leaving behind a <defunct> process.
This is cause  when the phantom process attempts to notify the process
that started it that they are complete.  Since they were started by a
phantom, there is no process to notify.  I've run into this before, but
I don't' remember how we resolved it.  I got my solution from this user
list, and I'm hoping that someone can refresh my memory.  Thanks in
advance.

Nick Cipollina

Pick Programmer

ACS - Heritage Information Systems, Inc.

2810 North Parham Road, Suite 210

Richmond, VA 23294

(804)644-8707 x 314

image001.jpg]