if the phantom is still running, I've found that any phantoms spawned
by that phantom will not fully die until the parent phantom process
is no longer.

if the parent phantom is a loop, which in it's loop spawns off the
other phantoms, instead of repeating the loop, have it chain back
to itself

CHAIN "PHANTOM LOOPING-PHANTOM"

That will end the original process, and any child processed spawned will
return their process id's back to the system, otherwise you will eventually
run into the unix problem of "new available processes", and the system
will start to drrrraaaaaagggggggggg.

George