on a command-by-command basis.

HTH,
Tom

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/12/04 5:10 PM >>>
Your syntax does appear correct.

Sometimes U2 does odd things when you put the * in some of the commands,
like the COPY command.  Try another character.  If that works, then you'll
know that it was the * that messed it up.  If you need the * because of the
key you're trying to build, then just go ahead and create the dict items
suggested by others.  You can always delete it when you're done (but should
copy it to a personal file in case you ever need it again).  Or, just leave
it in the file as someone else down the road might need it and they won't
have to create one because you put it in there!

And just in case you don't already know this, you can get help for any of
the unibasic or uniquery commands just by typing in HELP or HELP {command}
at the TCL prompt.

HTH, aee
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Chauhan, Savita
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] How do we get unique records from Universe file(Table)

Yes, I am trying to build a key to another file.

I tired what some of you suggested. It gives me an error.

On
: SELECT ORDERS SAVING UNIQUE EVAL "MFG.NO:'*':PART.NO"

It gives me following error:
: Illegal attribute name for sort: MFG.NO:'*':PART.NO

Btw, my doubts are related to Unidata.
<snip>

Savita Chauhan,
Programmer/Analyst