-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis Bartlett
Sent: 26 August 2004 14:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Trigger problem!

I have a situation in which I need to store data to be moved elsewhere

I have a working trigger attached to a local file - works brilliantly

LIST.SICA TRX-TRANSACTIONS 03:45:34pm  26 Aug 2004   Page    1
Sica Region for Data File "TRX-TRANS000"
  Revision:        4
  Trigger "SYNCH.TRIGGER" is enabled, creator is "dennis".
          calls "*KO.OP*SYNCH.TRIGGER" for          Row After Insert
Update Delete

I have some users accessing the file from the local account, ie the VOC
pointer is an F

     TRX-TRANSACTIONS
001 F
002 TRX-TRANS000
003 D_TRX-TRANS000

But other users need to access the file from other accounts, ie the VOC
entry is a Q (in this example I have called the Q file "QTRIGGER")

     QTRIGGER
001 Q
002 KO.OP
003 TRX-TRANSACTIONS

And a LIST.SICA on the Q pointer produces

LIST.SICA QTRIGGER 03:50:45pm  26 Aug 2004   Page    1
Sica Region for Data File "TRX-TRANS000"
  Revision:        4
  Trigger "SYNCH.TRIGGER" is enabled, creator is "dennis".
          calls "*KO.OP*SYNCH.TRIGGER" for          Row After Insert
Update Delete

However,
when I add data to the local file, the trigger kicks in
when I add data to the QFILE, the trigger doesn't happen

any ideas?

<PRE>
GWK BEPERK/LIMITED (REG: 1997/022252/06)
POSBUS 47 PO BOX 8730
DOUGLAS

Direkteure/Directors: NB Jacobs, FJ Lawrence, J v/d S Botes,
JH Coetzee, JGD Smit, JF Jacobs, AO M|ller, JW Smit,
JP Snyman, JG Stander, JH van Dyk(MD/BD), JG Jacobs, A M|ller, M van
Zyl,
Sekr/Secr: E van Niekerk.

Hierdie e-pos is onderworpe aan 'n vrywaring beskikbaar by:
http://www.gwk.co.za/DisclaimerVrywaring.asp
This e-mail is subjected to the disclaimer that can be viewed at:
http://www.gwk.co.za/DisclaimerVrywaring.asp</PRE>

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of
the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment.
Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896
0011 and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that
do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian
Securities and Investments Commission.