Hven't you asked IBM, presumably they would know as both systems are
theirs?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Burwell, Edward
Sent: 28 October 2004 21:26
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [U2] [UD] UniObjects and Time zones

When we boot our AIX system, it shows the current date and time as GMT
(UTC?) and our time zone is EST, therefore when I do a "date" at the
Unix
prompt, I get:

Thu Oct 28 16:25:44 EST 2004

And when I do a "DATE" at our UniData prompt, I get:

Thu Oct 28 16:26:00 EST 2004

These are giving me the correct time and date.

When I do "echo $TZ" at a Unix prompt, I get:

EST5EDT1:00,M4.1.0/2:00:00,M10.4.0/2:00:00

Therefore, our time zone is correct as far as Unix and UniData goes.
However, when I run the command:

LIST WORK.ORDER DT TM SAMPLE 10

through a UniObjects program (see below), It gives me the "raw" date and
time - with no time zone offset applied.  So my question is, where does
UniObjects get the time zone when a dictionary containing @TIME, TIME(),
@DATE or DATE() is run?

btw, I don't see anything in my .profile that has anything to do with
time
zone.

Thanks.

Ed Burwell