here's the .? from an mvBASE system:

>.?

 .L   LIST COMMANDS
        .Ln,m will list n stored TCL commands starting with line m.
 .E   EDIT STORED COMMANDS
        .En brings the stored commands into the system editor at line n.
 .X   EXECUTE COMMAND(S)
        .Xn,n,n will execute the numbered command(s).
 .R   RUN COMMANDS STORED IN A FILE
        .R filename item-id will run the commands stored in the item.
 .C   COPY COMMANDS TO A FILE
        .Cn,n,n copies the numbered commands to an item in a file.
 .G   GET A COMMAND TO TOP OF STACK
        .Gn will get command n to the top of the stack
 .A   APPEND TEXT TO TOP COMMAND
        .A text will append text to the top command on the stack
 .K   KILL (DELETE) COMMAND
        .Kn kills (deletes) command n.
 .M   MODIFY TOP COMMAND
        .M[U]/text1/text2 modifies top cmnd by changing text1 to text2
 .O   COMMAND STORE TOGGLE
 .S   SET NUMBER OF COMMANDS STORED
 .P   PROC COMMAND STORE TOGGLE
 .U   UPPER CASE CONVERSION TOGGLE

Don't see what you might be talking about, Dick.

Steve Trimble
Computerized Data Mgmt Inc
(479) 521-5670