Converting it - to an SB+ report?  Or keeping it in BASIC?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al DeWitt
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 4:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Stopping HP Laser Printer line creep

UniData 6.0.12
SB+ 5.2.4

I have a basic program that originally ran on a line printer to print
preprinted forms.  I am converting it to print on a laser.  I'm having
problem with line creep.  Each succeeding page will begin printing one
line lower than the preceding one.  I originally had a set-up string
set up in the Printer Class in SB+.  This didn't help and actually
hurt because it was cutting off the first lines of information on the
second and succeeding pages.

I tried Executing a SETPTR statement in the code, but the SETPTR
Verbiage displayed on the page if I placed it after the PRINTER ON
stmt and didn't seem to do anything when I placed it before.

I have spend way too much time on this little project.  Anybody have
any suggestions?  Going to Optio or Universe is not an option.

Al DeWitt
Stylmark, Inc.
763-574-8705