Hello, group!  I just joined and have been reading the mailing list for a
week or so.  I am brand new to UniData after using Pick/D3 with SB+ for 9
years (and 20+ years before that writing COBOL).  We are Prelude users, but
write a good bit of our own code for local add-ons and freestanding
applications.  Over the last 9 years, I have accumulated about 1000 Basic
programs that I must now convert to UD.  I have looked for a concise list of
differences between D3 Basic and UD Basic, but can't find one.  I have run
into a few snags so far, things that just won't compile, but I am also
concerned about hidden gotchas ... subtle differences in behavior where the
syntax appears to be compatible.  Can anyone point me toward such a list?

Among the things I have encountered so far:

1.      No FOLD function in UniBasic
2.      variable = @COMMAND instead of TCLREAD variable
3.      Reading/writing directly to Unix files: no %OPEN,%READ,%WRITE,%CLOSE,
etc.
4.      No SP-ASSIGN ? syntax to query the current printer assignment.
5.      No ACCESS(10) to use in routines called from a dictionary item to get
the
current item ID.
6.      More reserved words than D3

I am sure there is a lot more that I haven't stumbled across yet.