What error code are you getting when UniObjects does not want to connect?

Regards
Bjorn

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of UmFooFoo Murphy
Sent: 07 December 2004 11:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] UniObject SubKeys

Hello All,

I have an application that needs to be able to connect multiple times to a
Universe Session.  When I run this application on my local PC I am unable to
connect to my local Universe while the application is running.  Likewise, I
am unable to run the application while connected to a local Universe
session.  I was told to use SubKeys to solve this problem and even though I
read and obeyed the blurb about SubKeys in the UniObjects documentation, it
still does not work.

I have a "TheSubKey" as Long variable that I increment each time I connect
to UniObjects, like this:

    TheSubKey = TheSubKey + 1: ObjSession.SubKey = Str(TheSubKey)
    ObjSession.Connect

I used the Str() because results from a google search suggested that the
subkey needs to be a string value.  I have also tried it without using the
Str() like this:

    TheSubKey = TheSubKey + 1: ObjSession.SubKey = TheSubKey
    ObjSession.Connect

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

thanks