>From the UV 10.0.19 patchlist file:

Issue  Short Description
-----  -----------------
3766         In order to run a phantom process as a different user, an
             enhancement has been made to the PHANTOM command. The
             syntax is as follows:

                         PHANTOM [BRIEF] [SQUAWK] command -U username
[password]

             When you are logged in as root, you can specify -U and the
             username to run the phantom process as a different user. On
             Windows platforms, you must also specify the password for the
             username.

Regards,

LeRoy F. Dreyfuss
Product Manager
IBM UniVerse and UniData (U2) Extended Relational Databases
IBM DB2 Information Management Software
Tel: 303-672-1254          Fax: 303-294-4832
Mobile: 720-341-4317   Tie-line: 770-1254
External email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:  http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2

             "HENDERSON MIKE,
             MR"
             <MICHAEL.HENDERSO                                          To
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]>            <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             stserver.u2ug.org                                     Subject
                                       Unclassified RE: [U2] [UV] Run
                                       phantom as another user
             01/26/2005 11:18
             AM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                er.u2ug.org

Oh good, it's not just me!

I too remember something coming out about it being a new feature (in
10.1 I think), but I can't find anything in my IBM or U2UG archives
about it either now.

Have the IBM people stopped lurking on this list?  I'd have expected
them to come back on this by now.

Mike