Thanks to those that replied.  I'd like to summarize the information and
what I did.

1.      While logged in to UV as my regular ID, I did a LIST UV_USERS
which told me that the system was, in fact, installed by the
Administrator user.
2.      I logged out of UV then back in as the HWGDOM\administrator user
and did a LOGTO UV.
3.      Next I typed the following commands:
                GRANT CONNECT TO HWGDOM\bobw
                GRANT DBA TO HWGDOM\bobw
4.      I logged out of UV then back in as my normal user id, bobw.
5.      From my application account I was able to successfully issue the
CREATE SCHEMA command.

Again, thanks for you help, folks!

BobW