OK I did a search on my system for where the UNIRPC32.dll lives and figured out
how to add a PATH variable to the .bat file.  So now it doesn't complain about
not being able to find the dll but it still doesn't run the universe routine.

Now I get an error in the event log that says
The description for Event ID (1000) cannot be found... [and it ends by saying]
Message [DBS0043]

And then I get another one similar only it uses Event ID 1004 and Message
[DBS0036]

I have no idea what all of that means.
Maybe I need some way of telling uv how to log me in?
Like I said this is all new to me.
Thanks.
Will

"I have never done this before so I'm likely making some horrible blunder.

I have IIS running and I have a Universe database on top of Windows XP.  I have
a "Hello" page in HTML with a form and the submit action a name that I have in
the same directory as the Hello page is in.

So the hello page just looks something like this
<HTML><TITLE>HELLO</TITLE>
<BODY><FORM SUBMIT="test"></BODY><HTML>

And the test item just looks like
echo Hello

which seems to work, although I have it created as a .bat file which is
probably not right.

But when I try to make it run a command like
H:\IBM\UV\BIN\UV MYTESTPROGRAM

It complains with a message that UNIRPC32.DLL can't be found in the paths ...
and then it lists some paths.

What is this telling me?  And how do I fix it?
Thanks
Will Johnson"