Robert - Contact me off line. We have implemented a complete port of Intercall in PHP and have it running with an APACHE server on Linux. We have offered it to IBM, but got no response from the U2 project manager. We would love to see it widely available and used. See me pervious email for additional contact info.

Ken Hall,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

At 02:01 PM 2/9/2005, you wrote:
I currently use ASP with ODBC and/or UO to get data in an out of UV on IIS
(Windows), and I've also played with JDBC in java on tomcat (Windows), but
does anyone actually have it working in PHP on Apache for Linux?

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Wendy Smoak
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 4:03 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Universe to Web interface

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Here is what I want "From a web page, click on something,
> which in ANY
> fashion reaches into Universe and displays the results on
> that web page."

Getting data out of Universe onto a web page for free is going to
require learning another language-- ASP (VB?), JSP/Java, PHP, Perl-- you
pick, they can all be made to work, plus the fundamentals of the HTTP
request/response cycle.

I took the 'TestMe' Java code from the Wiki and turned it into a big
scriptlet on a JSP page.  Can someone please translate it into whatever
you would put on an ASP page?

   http://www.pickwiki.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UniObjectsJSP

--
Wendy Smoak