I seem to recall after doing some playing with sockets
awhile back that you can pass the handle to a subroutine?

The one downside that I can think of with having UV being
the socket handling, is if the site can pounded, it could
slow down UV, whereas if a webserver get's maxed out, it
shouldn't affect UV (key word - shouldn't)

George