You cannot use "?" in a filename on Windoze (Same as *) that you may have used
on Unix.

I know my FTP client switches any * in filenames (record id in a directory
file) to @ when I ftp from UNIX to Windows.

Thanks,

--
Donald Verhagen
Application Development Manager

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1:46:26 PM 02/17/2005 >>>
I'm attempting to convert a system using a uvbackup tape from hpux to windows.
I've noticed that many cataloged items now have a name that ends in the %
character wheras on the production system they end in a ? character.

Is there something I'm missing here as far as a conversion command or
something?  Since I used uvbackup and uvrestore, I'm thinking that doing a
fnuxi is not required.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don Kibbey
Financial Systems Manager
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP