Hello all -

While investigating a system issue that we have encountered on our database
(involving "Abnormal Termination of Universe" fault type 11 errors), our
support vendor has instructed us to replace all calls to PTERM in basic code
with TTYGET/TTYSET commands.

This has worked great for most of our code, but on our system there is quite a
bit of old code that is using the following PTERM commands:

CALL !PTERM('ECHO NODELAY')
CALL !PTERM('-ECHO DELAY')

and also their associated commands on the command line (EXECUTE "PTERM ECHO
NODELAY").

However, when I look in the manual(s) for PTERM, they don't mention the
DELAY/NODELAY commands, and they don't make a change to the terminal state
(TTYGET executed before and after the ECHO DELAY/NODELAY doesn't show any
change.)

The only other documentation I could find on these commands was from this list
and it said that ECHO DELAY/NODELAY were used to cause the KILL command to not
erase a full line of text on the screen, instead just moving the cursor to the
beginning of the line (thus saving bandwidth).

Can anyone please provide any additional information about these commands and
if they have equivalents in TTYGET/TTYSET?  Is it safe to remove the code
completely now that we're not on physical terminals?

Thanks in advance,
Andy