Mark,

I'm one of those programmers who use the "overly grand" way of spacing you
describe. I believe that

ASDTFY = ''
AS         = ''
DRT       = 0

is much more readable than

ASDTFY=''
AS=''
DRT=0

especially when there is a lot more code than in this example, and
everything else around it is crammed together as tightly as it can be as well.
Code is
written for the human as much as the compiler, and I like it to be as  easy
to read (and spot errors) as possible.

This spacing won't bother a find program if you wrote it or have the  source,
and teach it better.

My 4 cents.

Regards,
Charlie Noah

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   writes:

[snip]
P.S. If you use my concept, you may want to have your search  strings contain
no spaces and convert to "" the spaces in each reviewed  line. There is a
overly grand way people program with spaces between  operators and even
though the complier doesn't care, FIND programs or the  editor will miss them
if they don't match exactly.

My 3  cents.