"They didn't touch the W2000 server hosting the mvbase."

Statements like this ALWAYS make me shudder, simply because they are seldm true
!

Not even to change domain Names ? I would have thought that the W2K3 servers
would INSIST on being in their own forest - this may end up being a permissions
issue !

Anything logged under "Security" or "Application" in the Event Viewer I wonder ?

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage  an Evolution in Software Development