Jim,

Probably way tooooo late in the day, but there are a number of non-ODBC/OleDB
solutions that might have solved this problem for you. Names like mvQuery,
Informer, and our own Visage.Reporter come to mind.

I assume the other products have something similar to our facility where you
can CALL a subroutine that returns a list of ID's to be processed, and we don't
really care HOW the list is generated in the first place.

So, as to the problem at hand, would a variation of the "Drumheller Trick" work
? SO that you operate on a file with a single, known key, BUT the field that
you return is actually the result of a subroutine which has the necessary logic
in it to manipulate your select lists - and from there traverse to the "real"
file ?

Never having played, not sure if this would work, but perhaps may trigger  a
thought in those with more first hand experience

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage - an Evolution in Software Development