Hi,

I have tried a commercial edition of universe on suse 8.x - 9.2

I know that IBM certifies UniVerse to a certain product aka RedHat, but what
they do state in the availability matrix is the demands on the version numbers
for some of the libraries, and as long as you have recent versions og glibc you
will be fine.

If UniVerse runs on a redhat on kernel 2.4-18, then it will run under all other
distros using that kernel, but it will also run perfectly under kernel 2.6, I
have a full loaded system with 75 users running under debian sarge, and we
havent had an unexpected stop yet.
If you don't like to buy redhat you can opt for centos which is a true redhat
enterprise system but without the logo of a hat!!

One of the differences between redhat and the rest of the distros, is the
directory layout and a few tools, so the installation script needs to be
modified to work correctly, and you will also have to look manually at how to
start UniVerse automagically at boot time.

best regards from Denmark

Claus Derlien

Frie Funktionfrer - faglig organisation og tvfrfaglig a-kasse - www.f-f.dk

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Denne email og alle filer vedlagt som bilag kan indeholde fortroligt materiale,
der kun er beregnet for adressaten,
og maa ikke udleveres eller kopieres til uvedkommende. Har De ved en
fejltagelse modtaget denne email, bedes
De venligst omgaaende meddele os dette pr. telefon : 6313 8550. Paa forhaand
tak.
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
information intended for the addressee(s) only.
The information is not to be surrendered or copied to unauthorised persons. If
you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone: +45 6313
8550. Thank you.