First, is it just me or is everyone getting copies of yesterday's
posts?

Now, on my issue.  I have been tasked with looking at ~100 programs on
a UV system that has no tools past ED.  I'd really like to download
these via ftp to my disk and use something like jEdit or UltEdit to
review the code, but this UV9.6 system uses shortnames such that with
a long program name, that program may be stored in a directory, such
as:

./SWAP.INVENTORY/?

This is causing all sorts of havoc w/ FTP to my WinXP laptop; is there
any way to get these names expanded out in a directory somewhere so
that the subdirectory shortname stuff is out of the equation?  The
underlying system (Linux) supports longnames, so it's possible, but
something in UV is configured for short names (and probably has been
set that way on this system for eons).

-Kevin
HYPERLINK "mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.PrecisOnline.com