I'm modifying some programs that were written about 15-20 years ago,
there must be 30 or 40 that
  interact with each other.

Here is the problem.
All the programs use dimensioned arrays, and they were dimensioned to
exactly what was needed
 at the time, now I need to add 4 fields to one program. But I'm afraid
if another program reads this
 newly created array, it will bomb out with an array out of bounds
error.

What is on my side, is all the programs that reference these files, all
use the same variable name.

My initial thought was to write a small program that will
   1. open a program
   2. search for a dimension of the suspect variable(s)
   3. increase it's dimension level
   4. write the program back out
   5. recompile the program (I don't believe any are cataloged)

Any other ideas?

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management
company
http://www.slackinc.com