Theres a good example of this on www.pickwiki.com

We use a similiar system for address verification and debit/credit card
payments. Performance is more than adequate.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Bruce Lunt
Sent: Mon 16/05/2005 23:19
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Questions about addRequestParameter

Hi All Esteemed Ones,

I have been investigating using callhttp to send addresses to the web for
address verification and the documentation is leaving me a little
unfulfilled.

If I am understanding things correctly, I first do:
createRequest(URL, http_method, request_handle)
Then, I would add the address fields one by one to this by issuing:
addRequestParameter(request_handle, parameter_name, parameter_value,
content_handling)
for as many fields as I have to validate.
Finally, I would do:
submitRequest(request_handle, time_out, post_data, response_headers,
response_data, http_status). The response_headers and response_data vars
would have my reply. In this case it is XML.

I am assuming that the request_handle is used by all three processes but I
cannot see what is being done with it. I don't know whether it is correct or
not.

And finally, can anyone tell me if this is even worth pursuing? Is it fast
enough to use with data-entry? Or should I be looking into another method?

Thanks,

R. Bruce Lunt

HP/UX v. 11
Unidata v. 6.0

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment.  Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011 and then delete the email and any
copies of it.  Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission.

name of winmail.dat]