Safwat,

UniVerse has a websphere api, although consider the performance requirements
as IBM mentioned it is not a good alternative for pooling processes.
What we have is a WebSphere MQ API which is different from what Tony is referring to in
his message about the WebSphere middle-tier (see next reply to Tony). I am also not sure
about the validity of the "performance warning" claim from IBM, pls provide
more details and who is the source of this warning from IBM.

I believe Leroy Dreyfuss suggested recently (~26th of April) on the list that the MQ API would not perform well for interactive web applications. The discussion was in the context of valid licencing when connecting to U2 from MQ Series so he may have meant something else -- perhaps the performance of request/response designs when using MQ Series compared to UniObjects or Redback?

Craig