I fully agree with LeRoy. Using a messaging service such as MQ for interactive
applications is definitely not a good idea. However, this has nothing to do
with WebSphere MQ per se; it is rather the nature of the communication
protocol. Messaging services, including MQ, use asynchronous communications,
which is great for loosely coupled systems, but definitely NOT for tightly
integrated systems. So, using MQ within the context of real-time interactive
applications can have a negative impact.  There are better alternatives to
implement web services, including the previously mentioned 3 middle-wares, in
an interactive application. At the end of the day, it is the right product for
the right requirement.

Craig Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Safwat,

>>UniVerse has a websphere api, although consider the performance requirements
>>as IBM mentioned it is not a good alternative for pooling processes.
>

> What we have is a WebSphere MQ API which is different from what Tony is
> referring to in his message about the WebSphere middle-tier (see next reply
> to Tony). I am also not sure about the validity of the "performance warning"
> claim from IBM, pls provide more details and who is the source of this
> warning from IBM.

I believe Leroy Dreyfuss suggested recently (~26th of April) on the list
that the MQ API would not perform well for interactive web applications.
The discussion was in the context of valid licencing when connecting to
U2 from MQ Series so he may have meant something else -- perhaps the
performance of request/response designs when using MQ Series compared to
UniObjects or Redback?

Craig