The answer is a big fat maybe. It will depend on how different the OS's are and how tied into the OS the UV application is. I know that UV on HP-UX stored internal time as an integer and UV on WinNT includes the milliseconds. So a change from HP-UX to NT could be a major change. Different versions of Unix may not be quite as dramatic.

Can you share what two different OSes you are considering?

Steve Wagner