dont use a printer driver. (like the of and if fields in the old printcap
file)
or, possibly encapsulate your job inside a PJL wrapper.

BTW, ESC:"Z" "should" take the printer out of "control" mode
not do a form feed? I have never used it, so I don't know.

Char(12) will do a FF, <esc>E will also if there is anything
that was printed.

George