We have a similar issue here.  I don't know how the rd and wt figures are
calculated, but I have always received results similar to yours.  Just to
verify, change your loop from 100 to 1000, 5000 and 10000.  On our system,
we received the following:

100 loops - 60 wt
1000 loops - 600 wt
5000 loops - 3000 wt
10000 loops - 6000 wt

If you change the interval on the udstat command to 10 seconds, the wt
results changed to:

100 loops - 30 wt
1000 loops - 300 wt
5000 loops - 2000 wt
10000 loops - 3000 wt

Clearly, there is a calculation involved in the wt numbers, I just don't
know what the calculation is.  We have been using udstat for a while, to
help locate users that are not doing anything.  So, in that respect, it is
accurate..  That is, if you see a bunch of zeros, the user is not
currently doing anything.

Charlie Rubeor
Unix/Database Admin
The Wiremold Company