We use them. they're good, though slower than i-type pseudo triggers, they
give more flexibility.
Triggers begin a transaction, which you aren't supposed to be able to step
through using a debugger.
Regards,
--
Stuart Boydell

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 10-06-2005 13.57.58:

> I have found what I believe to be a problem with implementing triggers
> in UniVerse.
>
> If I have a trigger on a file and a developer is trying to resolve a
> problem in a program which happens to update/delete that file an issue
> using 'RAID' the debugger ;-).... When the developer steps over the
> write statement, which in itself can be hard to determine when that will
> be given RAID's ability to not display the real debug position, then the
> trigger fails as no input is allowed within a trigger, and the program
> does not complete as normal.
>
> Granted you normally do not debug a program in production, but sometimes
> you may have to, and in any case in development you would still have
> triggers in, so as I see it this issue must be resolved. For if not I
> cannot see how I can propose using triggers at all.
>
> On a philosophical note, I cannot see why you cannot debug trigger code
> or indeed have an input statement if that is what you inclined to
> do....let the developer hang themselves...
>
> As a matter of interest how many people are using triggers?

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3
9269 7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.