From: Bob Woodward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Sent: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:44:02 -0700
Subject: RE: [U2] access via disabled accounts

Don't you folks think this is a bit of yelling "The sky is falling!"?  I
mean, who's going to produce a system that doesn't have audit trails,
account verifications, or some other way of protecting against such
illegal operations.  Locks only keep honest people honest, and the same
can be said of logins.  This is an extreme example of what MIGHT happen
but, again, how real is this threat?

Maybe a documentation enhancement might be in order, but I don't see
this as being something that IBM should have a finger shaken at them
for.

The person doing the criminal action is a crook and is risking jail time
and probably will never working in the computer field again, once they
are caught.  Plan for being able to track what goes on and have a little
faith that the people you hire to program around the "corporate jewels"
are trustworthy.

BobW