reinstalling is simple. If you have your $UDTHOME directory - just tar down
the tape and run updatesys
builds a default udtconfig. May need to be tuned for your user count, etc

Wally Terhune
Manager - U2 Advanced Technical Services
IBM Information Management Solutions
Tel: 303.294.4866             Fax: 303.294.4832
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Check out the details of the special 3 day SMB offer available for U2
customers and Partners to attend the IBM DB2 Information Management
Technical Conference on September 11-16, 2005 in Orlando, Florida.

See the complete listing of exciting U2 technical sessions that will be
offered.  Attend several of the no-charge U2 pre-conference tutorials on
Sunday the 11th. Sign up for no-charge U2 certification exams that are
taking place throughout the conference. Attend one of our brand new
Usability Lab sessions on External Database Access (EDA) or U2 Web Builder
and offer your valuable feedback on product design and functionality.

http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/offers

             "Dana Baron"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  "U2-Users (E-mail)"
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             stserver.u2ug.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/13/2005 06:17          [U2] Help!
             AM

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

Hi folks,

Here's your worst nightmare come true: your production system crashes with
bad system disk. You find that the backups you've been doing every day
don't
backup the system, only the data. Now you have to get up and running -
fast.
Well, that's where I'm sitting right now. I think I'm going to need some
help from UniData, but it may be hard to reach them on a Saturday so I
thought I'd try the list. Here's what I have:

There is a new hard disk in the system.
I'm installing a clean OS (Tru64 Unix) right now.
The data, including most of the Unidata install, is on a disk array and
appears to be safe for now.
After the OS install finishes, I need to get UniData up and running.

One component I will be missing is the stuff in /usr/ud511, which includes
udtconfig.

Anything else I might need? Anyone know where I can get a good udtconfig
for
this? I have the UniData CD, but I don't want to re-install this unless I
have to.

Thanks in advance.

I am a most embarrassed...
Dana Baron