-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bruce Ordway
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 14:55
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: [U2] TCL beginner

Hi,

I've got Dataflo running on Unidata 5.2.
I know just enough TCL to be dangerous.

Anyway I've been struggling this afternoon withg something I thought would
be simple.
Maybe you can help?

I have a file called RMA with a field called Comment (F40).

If I do this

LIST RMA BY F40 F40

I get something like this:

RMA    F40
1234   1
2345   1
3456   1
4567   2
5678   2
1345   3
1456   3

Now, what I'd like to see are totals of unique values in F40 i.e.

1 = 3
2 = 2
3 = 2

Is it possible to do with just TCL?