Craig

I'd love to try to get an MQSeries server in, but suspect such a
proposal would demonstrate all the aerodynamic properties of a lead
brick!
Pity about the absence of transaction/rollback aspects of MQ, too

> I would stick with GCI.
>
> I've never compiled MSMQ into UV but I have compiled IBM MQ
> into UV (on AIX and Linux) and I can't imagine it will be
> terrible hard.
>
> I think a GCI routine called from a trigger is likely to be
> your best solution because:
>
> - running a phantom ... who knows if it does? do you have to
> wait for a response? written where?
>
> - .Net sure run another services somewhere else, another
> thing you need to maintain; and MSMQ guarantees delivery from
> the .Net software but how do you GUARANTEE delivery from UV
> to your .NET solution?

In this particular instance, 'hard real-time' isn't an issue, a delay of
a few seconds would be quite OK.
If we can get to the stage where between the time the new employee
finishes signing their life away and the time where they sit at their
desk (gotta be a couple of minutes!) their AD account gets provisioned
so they can log in, we'll be happy as can be.

> regards,
>
> Craig

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.