I have an executed SELECTion statement where the criteria exceeds the TCL
line buffer length.

In this case selecting on hundreds of branches (indexed) and a couple of
other (indexed) criteria :: SELECT TRX WHERE BRANCH =
"0001""0002""0003""... ""ZZZZ"

So I have experimented with breaking up the selection (in a controlled loop
in code) and using MERGE.LIST to build up my selection aka Hammurabi...

SELECT TRX ..limited branches.. TO 1

SELECT TRX ..limited branches.. TO 2

MERGE.LIST 1 UNION 2 TO 1

SELECT TRX ..limited branches.. TO 2

MERGE.LIST 1 UNION 2 TO 1

Which leaves me with a select list in numbered list 1. I would then like to
move that to list 0. The only way I have found so far is either:

1. SELECT TRX FROM 1 - which takes a longish time.

Or

2. SAVE.LIST TRX:PORT FROM 1 @AM GET.LIST TRX.PORT - which seems messy.

Anyone know a more elegant way of doing this?

Cheers,

Stuart

--

Stuart Boydell

Spotless Limited

+61 03 9269 7398

+61 0411 150 246

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (+61
3 9269 7555) immediately, who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer related viruses.