When there is no UNIX session logged into UniVerse, you can setup an inode
link with the "list_readu" executable to run "UNLOCK" commands from UNIX :

# cd `cat /.uvhome`
# ln bin/list_readu  bin/unlock
# bin/unlock LOGINLOCK SEMAPHORE

Same would apply to run "port.status" commands from UNIX :

# ln bin/list_readu  bin/port.status

Hope this will help,

Hervi BALESTRIERI
Support Technique Avanci - Produits "U2"
IBM Software Group - DB2 Information Management Software
Web   : http://www.ibm.com/software/u2/
----- Forwarded by Herve Balestrieri/France/IBM on 23/11/2005 15:54 -----

             "Perry Taylor"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             med.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [U2] [UV] PORT.STATUS From Unix
             23/11/2005 15:27

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

Hrm.  Good info.

How would one go about finding a "hung" port.status semphore?