This software might be of interest;

http://www.ornicusa.com/products/

We use this for basically the same functionality that you might require.
However, it is done via the PC instead of the server.

The software is used in the rules part of outlook (means you have to
have a Windows PC on your network that is running Outlook).  It allows
you to receive an email and then execute a '.bat' (or whatever) process
once the email has been received.

I use it here to update the weekly flyer on our web page
(www.alperts.com/flyers/flyer.pdf).  It puts the administration in the
hands of our advertising dept.  When they have the 'flyer' all
completed, they send it as an attachment named in a 'special' way to a
'special' email address.  This initiates a process that kicks off an ftp
session to transfer the files.

There are many possibilities using this software.  We also have a virus
checker on the PC, which we do not on our Linux server.  So, this
solution worked out very well for us

Anthony Dzikiewicz