> We've had code in place for nearly 20 years to
> handle, at least a little
> bit, this type of problem.  In fields with lots of
> text, we call a sub
> for the input that permits most of the editing
> commands found in line
> editors (e.g. c/x/a/, append, etc.)  Not a great
> solution, but better
> than retyping all the text.

I've always coded in MV using input handling routines.
 The arrows are supported to move about in the input
field.

I worked with a client a while back and their
application only used the BASIC INPUT statement.  This
caused some garbage data to occasionnally appear in
their files.

I was quite surprised to see that not everyone uses
some kind of input handling routine. That client's
application wasn't particularly well written either.
There were gosubs being exited with GOTO's.
Occasionnally a stack overflow error would appear in
the Universe error log file.