On 12/28/05, Mike Rajkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looking at the code I would expect that. The active select list is
> exhausted when you hit the first count.  Since none of the items in the
> person file are in the select list no items are counted. ( 0 Items )
> The second call to the dictionary items does not have an active select
> list, so there is no problem.
>
> Yet when the query looks for the next item to display, there is no more
> items in the select list, so it stops.
>
> ( While the following is not a good work around it is a work around )

A coworker suggested basically the same thing, but with
READLIST/FORMLIST instead of SAVE.LIST/GET.LIST.

Thanks!  (This is a one-off 'how many files, records and dictionary
items do we have?', not something we'll be running often, so 'work
around' is fine.  I should have just done it from UniBasic and skipped
the I-Descriptors...)

--
Wendy