-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:22 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] DCOUNT

I'm finding that I'm doing a lot of programming for the processing
through multi-valued attributes.

I'm wondering if the method I'm using is the best way to determine the
last element.

LAST=DCOUNT(REC<15>,@VM)
FOR I=1 TO LAST
(process something)
NEXT I

There was a REMOVE thread a few months ago and I use that when I expect
that the number of elements could test the patience of the EXTRACTs.
REMOVE doesn't give you the MV counter for the associated fields by
itself. You have to manage separately and hope to keep in sync. That's
more code.

I know that in VB certain object array variables (a list box for
example) has a property for the number of elements. Is there anything in
MV that I'm not aware of for determining the last multi-value that's
easier to type than the DCOUNT expression. I'm looking at reducing my
keystrokes.

Thanks in advance.
Mark Johnson