I believe the visudo command is for SELinux versions so if SELinux isn't
install on the RH box, if that's what it is, then you don't have to worry
about it. I've always just edited /etc/sudoers and added the line this
way:

mylogin name ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

You don't have to do it that way, you can put the line this way:

mylogin  ALL=(ALL) ALL

Or you can put specific things in, such as:

%users ALL=/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount /cdrom

The last one allows anyone who is partof the group 'users' to mount and
unmount CDs only.

HTH.

Karl

<quote who="Michael Doyle">
> Two questions:
>
> Which platform are you on, and how are you editing the sudoers file? On
> RHEL, you can't just edit the file, you use the command visudo which
> will "file and compile" the sudoers file, so to speak.
>
> Mike Doyle
> Unix Developer / Administrator
> AMO Recoveries
>

> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 07:14 -0500, Wronkiewicz, Terrie wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am attempting to make sudo work for our IS users with unix level
>> access.  I have put myself in the sudoers file as follows:
>>
>> myloginname ourtestboxname = PASSWD:ALL
>>
>> However when I do:  sudo ls -al
>>
>> It says:
>>
>> myloginname is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Terrie
>> -------
>> u2-users mailing list
>> u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org

karl

 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
IT Director, ATS Industrial Supply, Inc.
http://www.atsindustrial.com