On Friday 13 January 2006 12:21, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > # This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
>
> I've never seen that in the files I've edited. I don't edit it much and
> have probably just gotten used to looking past most of the # lines. But,
> learn something new every day. I've never had a problem, however, with the
> manual editing of the file. It's always worked.

Karl:

I think it's simply a method that visudo uses to lock the file so that if
someone tries a command while you're editing the file, the command should
fail.  (But I've been wrong before.)

--
Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Administrative Systems

"We make moral decisions everyday even if we don't know it."
Scott Simon (NPR) on the death of 20,000 coal miners annually in China.