Our UV system creates an ASCII .csv file for another
  system to import on a daily basis. The 3rd party software
  after a recent upgrade now only imports .xls files.

Is there an easy way to "automate" Excel to load the .csv,
  then save as .xls?

Or how much more difficult is it to create the .xls instead of
   a .csv?

I thought about getting one of those programs that records
mouse clicks, and create a macro of the conversion (since the
filename is the same each day), but wonder if there was
something we could do in a batch file and run every day under
the Windows scheduler.

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - Delivering the best in health care information and
education worldwide.
http://www.slackinc.com