On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:47:53 +0530, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>       In ED I would like how can I change/replace a text containing
>the delimiter itself i.e. "\" as part of the text to be replaced
>
>e.g.
>
>0001: FIRST^253HARI/PROG
>
>In the above line I would like to delete ^253HARI/PROG

Use a different delimiter, such as a period.
So, c.HARI/PROG.. would result in FIRST^253

If you want to get rid of the field mark too, then you could do
c.^253HARI/PROG..

or B T which would "break" after the "T", and then <return> to get to
the new line two and D to delete the entire new line two.

Or you could simply do a "R FIRST" which would replace the entire line
with "FIRST".  This btw is probably the method I'd least prefer for
what you're trying to do, but it is an option.

Regards.
--
Allen Egerton