Hola all -

We've got our UniVerse installation (RH AS 3.5, U2 10.1.4) on a SAN partition, /usr/ibm is mounted entirely from there and that's where everything was installed to. On a hardware testing server, I had the opportunity to test out pointing an entirely different front-end system to that partition (well, a copy of it for testing) to see if U2 would come up, and it did indeed after I:

1) copied uv.rc, S999uv.rc, .uvhome & .unishared over to the new system
2) linked .uvlibs appropriately
3) restore spconfig & the whole spool directory from a backup
4) added the RPC port into /etc/services

Is there anything I missed here that would be helpful and/or necessary to proper functioning? I'm looking at this as an extreme disaster recovery scenario possibility, but theoretically it could substantially ease upgrading the system as well (although ours is pretty recent so this likely wouldn't come up for some time) with minimal downtime.

Thoughts/comments? Would OS differences matter at all here, i.e. if one was RH 3.5 64 bit and the next system coming up was 32 bit, or a jump from the 2.4 kernel to the 2.6 kernel (presuming the release of U2 supported the 2.6 kernel)?

Thanks very much for any input.

--
Peter Ivanick
Web Services and Instructional Technologies