We are having issues with nfa file opens failing with errors on
Unidata 6.1:

In /usr/ud61/sys/CTLG/g/GET.RAW.COMPONENT.FOR.WIP.COMPONENT at line 11,
Your NFA server has gone down, errno is 0.

011:   OPEN '','U.DATA' TO FILE.FL ELSE

:ED VOC U.DATA
Top of "U.DATA" in "VOC", 3 lines, 52 characters.
001: FX
002: UDT
003: MACHINE remote, VOC /remote/apps/KMC, FILE DATA
Bottom.

        We have verified that the file and pointer are correct and
accessible. My thought  is that the remote nfauser session that was opened
had died for some reason and the next time Unidata went to open this file,
it fails.
        Should'nt Unidata be smart enough to spawn a new nfauser process,
if the last one is no longer valid? It appears that it simply fails
outright, instead of retrying with a new process.
        Anyone having similiar issues?

AIX 5.2.06
Unidata 6.1

Tom Vankirk